>
our 5 cents
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
  Lord Love a Duck
There is a person I work with here, a dear sweet man. Wouldn't harm a fly. Definitely more than knee-high to a grasshopper (he's tall) who has a tendancy to use alot of sayings when he talks to me...

"well, it's not like we're spitting in anyone's eye here, I mean we're a promotional magazine!"
"It seems we've really ruffled some feathers with this one"
"Snakes on a plate it's hot in here!" - I am confused by this one which I overheard at the "water cooler"

I just noticed today that he uses more sayings that you can shake a stick at.

And it makes me laugh, laugh like a hyena in springtime.
 
Comments:
tee hee... not as funny as vomit, but funny nonetheless!
 
its true, ms. ms... no one writes funnier entries than you.
but in the meantime, one more expression out of this guy may be the straw that will brake the camel's back. (or hump, depending on who you ask.) and remember that when all else fails, a stitch in time save nine.
 
too true OOTG, too true.
I don't think I heard another saying today,
but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.
 
Jiminy! I'll be a monkey's uncle if that man uses more sayings than we do. I've been riding my hobby horse trying to think of this cloud's silver lining and i think i have determined that, as a goose is to a gander, we are like wolves in sheep's clothing, or the early bird that got the worm. Shiver me timbers, the grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it? Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. THank you for being the wind beneath my wings (or between my boobs, just to shake things up)
 
it warmed the coccles of the heart to see your reference to our favorite stay-at-home pastime - DAYS!

Often imitated.. never duplicated!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
medical news
Vomit By Ms.Ms. and Hickteeth (Circa 1992)
What the @$#& Was Wrong With Us?
OOTG's questions
Hey ladies!
Gertruzli!
D.O.D. (Dinah on Drugs)
Asstionary
dear hick
Checking in - FINALLY!

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger