>
our 5 cents
Monday, December 12, 2005
  OOTG's questions
OOTG laid down the gauntlet and asked me to answer a bunch of questions. How could I refuse her?

So here we go. What I can answer so far:

1. the top ten great things about west coast living:
- 10 - Great amercan shopping, like Target
- 9 - Cheaper flights everywhere
- 8 - There are some good lookin' men (all gay, but good to look at)
- 7 - The beautiful sunny warm weather in DECEMBER (oh yeah..I was in a tank top yesterday)
- 6 - Being close to the beach is LOVELY
- 5 - Lots of great neighbourhoods to explore
- 4 - The beautiful sunny warm weather in DECEMBER (oh yeah..I was in a tank top yesterday)
- 3 - Lots of green areas to walk through.
- 2 - Two words...CHEESECAKE FACTORY (mmmmm)
-1 - The beautiful sunny warm weather in DECEMBER (oh yeah..I was in a tank top yesterday)

Did I mention the weather?

2. the top ten reasons why chinese and sushi are better there
- ok..I haven't had any yet...I'll have to return to this one -

3. the top ten nutty things that you saw on the muni on your way to work this morning
- 10 - a bus that has a digital sign announcing the next stop (hello high tech)
- 9 - the above ground metro system (above ground??? DUR)
- 8 - the metro stations with multiple trains going through. I actually have to PAY ATTENTION instead of stepping right on. SO ANNOYING
- 7 - lots of HOT gay men getting on at the Castro station
- 6 - lots of tech nerds. My people! WOOHOO
-5- a surprising amount of smokers
- 4 - empty buses at rush hour. Woohoo!
- 3 - One street good...one street BAD....one street good...one street BAD. How is a little Canadian to know?
- 2 - No MacDonald's! CRAZY
- 1 - Lots of crazies here....LOTS. I fit in great.

4. the top ten motivational phrases you repeat to yourself while walking up all those damn hills
- haven't done it yet. But I'm assuming it will do something like this: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, my ass will look awesome, I think I can.
:)


5. the top ten great thing about california dudes
- ask me in 6 months.

6. the top ten things that your collegues complain about, instead of complaining about the weather (because here the weather would constitute complaints 1-76)
- 10 - the weather (they don't know what they are missing)
- 9 - food around the office
- 8 - significant others
- 7 - roommates
- 6- politics
- 5- dating
- 4 - real estate
- 3 - work
- 2- travel horror stories
- 1- eachother

(I'm guessing here...I haven't been around long enough to tell! )

So there..how was that? Slightly more entertaining?
 
Comments:
Waaah! I want to be there too. I can't believe I'm the last one left in Toronto.... I thought this was the city where people STAYED! WOe is me.

Hey, Tali I might see your buddy Ari again this weekend... Erin invited me to a "small" dinner party and Ari is one of the 20 people invited. I'm thinking of not going because of him. Smart?
 
THANK YOU tali for putting a positive and humerous spin on things! i can't wait till you can fill out the rest of the lists.
a few notes, though:
1.thank you so much for rubbing in the "walking around in a tank top" issue. THANK YOU. if you wanted to make us all envious, i dare say, you have succeeded!
2. it is sheer blasphemy that there is no mcdonalds in the subway? how can they even call it a subway. (how can you even stand it? are you not going through st. clair station mcdonald's withdrawl?)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Hey ladies!
Gertruzli!
D.O.D. (Dinah on Drugs)
Asstionary
dear hick
Checking in - FINALLY!
uncertain
Instructions for My Posts
Sounds Just Right To Me
Dinner with His Massiveness

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger