>
our 5 cents
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
  We Interrupt this Lack of Blogging to Broadcast an Important Holiday Update...
Alright, it's high time for someone to post and it looks like I'm-a gonna have to be that someone.

Today's topic is COOKIES.

In addition to the delicious flavour and variety, it is appropriate to discuss the abundance of cookies in my midst in recent days.

'Tis the season to be jolly, and that means neverending fun for my taste buds. In the last 2 days, an atrocious number of cookies have crossed these lips of mine. Let me recap the highlights: peanut shortbread, chocolate with a dollop of sticky jam-like stuff, chocolate-apricot biscotti, chocolate digestive, baklava (not quite a cookie but also sweet, buttery and bite-sized).

I must give an honourable mention to chocolate, of which I have partaken in medium to large amounts in the last 30 hours as well: Laura Secord mint chocolate medallion, Irish Creme filled square, milk chocolate pastille, a small edible Santa, and caramel-filled Quality Street.

My dietitians' mind is trying in vain not to tabulate the horrific number of calories and fat (some of it saturated!!!) that has entered my digestive system and inevitably been absorbed and stored by now.

The delights of my mouth will be the downfall of my ass.

Merry Chocolate eating to all, and to all a good Cookie.
 
Comments:
SOME OF IT SATURATED!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think we are becoming blog-nited as I started reading this blog and was 100% certain it was written by OOTG (nevermind that she talked to me of baking 200-odd cookies this morning).
Weird.
We all sound the same!

Vive the cookie!
All I got at work today is dried pineapple and some peanuts. Oh well, at least none of it is ~~~saturated~~~ (those are waves of fat)
 
On my computer the - is actually an "um-lau" - i.e. it is wavy, thus the "wave" comment.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Stuff on my Cat
Hang on to your bootstraps
Lord Love a Duck
medical news
Vomit By Ms.Ms. and Hickteeth (Circa 1992)
What the @$#& Was Wrong With Us?
OOTG's questions
Hey ladies!
Gertruzli!
D.O.D. (Dinah on Drugs)

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger