>
our 5 cents
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
  Horny Old Patient
This week there are 3 RDs covering for 6 full time jobs. That means, oh joy, that I get to visit the adult units and struggle to figure out what the heck to do with them.

Today I met a chatty man... and I learned a lot about him: he's Egyptian, studied in Germany, speaks at least 5 languages, moved his birthdate back about 4 years when he immigrated for insurance purposes, is an atheist, and believes in the big bang and Darwin's theory of evolution. He is single, lives alone, and is not coping well. Diet-wise, he has no willpower, he says. He's about 62 years old (or 58 on hospital papers).

He is diabetic and confessed that he "overdid" it by drinking 3 very large Tim Horton's "Smoothees". He blames his stroke on that, and an entire box of baklava. Now I don't know too much about Smoothees but have always assumed they were made with sugar and cream and even I would never dare drinking one. "Sir, those are just too sweet for you. I wouldn't even suggest drinking one".

I asked him about changes in his body weight (he is clearly outside of the healthy range) and he said, "This is my normal body type. You have your body type, I have my type. I'll never be skinny like the Asian Nurses. Here- feel my arm. It's all muscle".

As I was leaving the room, after I had said he might need some help at home with meal preparation,he said: "You know what I need? A wife. I 'm going to Russia to get a girl to bring back and be my wife." Me: "Well Mr. A, that's another story altogether".

Later I was back in the room and he proceeded to tell me that his young male nurse is single, and maybe I should meet him. He's 22. "I'm a little older than 22, Mr. A!" "What? You look 18-19!" "Well , that's a bit of an exaggeration, but thank you very much!". I think he's already told this nurse that I'm attractive.

Then he told me he was trying to "hustle me personally", to go out with me. I think he told the nurse about this intention too. Then he told me he had many 18-19 year old girlfriends in South America and named all the cities for me where he "knew" girls. I don't want to know what the heck this old perv is up to.
 
Comments:
whoa, ho ho! get your ass right back up to the peds! omg! run from this scary weirdo guy!!
 
um..ew.
Something tells me that it is not the best ettiquite to try and hustle a girl if you are presently relying on a bedpan or are full of IV's. Maybe it's just me though. Ew.
 
heh heh... yeah all this hustling happened after he explained to me that he was so sick at home for days, that he was just peeing in or over the side of the bed. He kept stressing "hygiene" as the most important concern in his life.

MandY!! You have discovered the crazy blog of weirdness!! Enjoy!!
 
Discovered it????!!!??? Girl, it's been linked in my blog since I started this bad boy up again..I guess I should've asked you guys..gals first. Ahem..Is it okay if I link to this site? It's really for selfish reasons, I promise! If I don't link to it, then I have to go to the ms. ms. one and then to the beginnings of this site, then navigate to the current posts. I'm just too lazy for all that!!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Awesome, Mandy, you have permission from me.

Girls, meet Mandy! She's very cool.

If you don't think I'm completely off my rocker after reading some of what goes in here, well, we may just be friends for life.

My blog may expose my wild side, but this one definitely exposes my weird side.... and that of some other great girls!!
 
Well, actually, they all seem like pretty cool gals. You know, with a little silliness now and again. Or maybe more often than not! And anyone who agrees with me that a plumber that shows no crack shouldn't be paid is cool in my book!
 
Welcome Mandy - though this silliness was created so that the girlz can stay in touch without too much effort - we are little lazy beehotches - enjoy! or as OOTG would say - enjoi

-Hicky

OYA ferrgot to comment on MsMs's bloggypoo - its pretty funny to me. this guy just needs to feel good about himself it seems. And if "gangatuanly overweight" is your "normal" body type, I think you might have a "problem".
 
OMG, Mandy has read all the way back to PLUMBER CRACK? Ha ha! I forgot about that.... it was so long ago. Ah, the memories....
 
haha!! i believe it was the LACK of plumber crack. oy vey.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
comments, and maybe a bit of muffin
I'M COMING TO CALIFORNIA, BABY!
My New Love
We Interrupt this Lack of Blogging to Broadcast an...
Stuff on my Cat
Hang on to your bootstraps
Lord Love a Duck
medical news
Vomit By Ms.Ms. and Hickteeth (Circa 1992)
What the @$#& Was Wrong With Us?

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger