>
our 5 cents
Monday, August 07, 2006
  question
Q: After a long and harrowing weekend with you extended family-in-laws, you run a hot shower and step into the tub to wash off the annoyances of the few days past. Your eyes fall upon the bar of Ivory which *HORRORS* appears to be laden with hair. Thick, dark, curly, man-like ones. Knowing that these do not belong to your husband as he had showered and left for work about three hours previously, you deduce that they either belong to your father-in-law, or your loathsome, give-you-gross-out-goosebumps brother-in-law. Do you:
a) Lean over to the toilet bowl and heave all of your stomach's contents?
b) Run naked for the hills ?(You are getting into the shower, thus you don nary a stitch of clothing.)
c) Think: who brought up these adults? Don't they know not to leave pubes on other peoples' soaps? Forcryingoutloud?
d) Die of disgustingness?
e) Think of the jingle: "I want my clean as real as Ivory, it's gotta be 99.44% full of someone else's body hair"?
f) Save it to show all your friends as a party favour at Tali's BBQ?
g) all of the above
 
Comments:
YAY! Does this mean you are coming to the bar-b-que? With hubby?
Do I need to provide food for the hairy soap also? I figure at that point it may start to speak and move on its own.
 
Oh..Hickteetch..are you bringing Cuddles? You didn't rsvp +1...so I'm confirming. GEEZ!
 
Well first off, you run (naked) to your computer to post a hilarious account of the whole nightmare. Whether or not you used the soap, and are clean, does not matter at this point. Only the blog matters.

So good, you did that.

Secondly, I would firmly and delicately place the bar of pure disgust in the waste receptacle. If possible, do so without soiling your delightful digits.

OR - you must demand that the C remove all hair and 3 layers of soap beneath the hair for you. This is his family, and his job. No ifs, pubes or "butts" about it.

Finally, never, I repeat NEVER time your blog entry about pubes on soap so that I read it simultaneously with putting a spoonful of yoghurt in my mouth. I nearly barfed it all over myself. And now it sits, patiently, waiting for me to feel less grossed-out in order to no longer imagine hair in my yoghy. thanks A LOT.

And yes Tali, I think Cuddles is coming, but not positive. I did say in my comment that I would bring "Mark" - that was him in my "you misspelled your words" jokey way.

I can never confirm for him since he may be called away at a moment's notice...
 
definitely DON'T show it at the BBQ. I would probably choose B) Head for the Hills. Maybe you'll come across a cool brook in which to cleanse yourself, or perhaps it will rain.

Oh boy that's disgusting. I hope you had some spare soap.
 
Isn't hairy soap is one of the traditional ways to say 'thank you for letting us stay at your place'. It gets the point across much faster than a thank you note! You should be honored that they left a little piece of themselves behind. EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Home!
Someone I met who asked me to post this...
luck be a lady tonight
I hope I'm not dooced
Just Hangin' Out... (for the world to see)
Hypothetical Moral Question
Postin' on Hickteeth's behalf
Heavy Metal Singles Party
Internet is EVIL
Blog Ban : The Bain of my Being

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger