>
our 5 cents
Sunday, June 25, 2006
  Internet is EVIL
Especially when you can't get to it! Our home internet has been down for a whole week now. I didn't realize how much time I fritter away in cyberspace until this week. Not to mention, how much I rely on it. I didn't instantly have everybit of information I could ever want at my figertips and it really drove me nuts.

I did a lot of things this week that I probably would not have if given the opportunity to sit around on my couch and blog all day. I reorganized my bookshelves, learned a new computer design program, I went for bike rides, rollerbladed on the beach and even started my acting career! (Don't ask --- it was an activity that I didn't need to get online for)

After 4 service calls from 4 seperate cable guys, the internet seems to be back on. (Although it did go down for a few hours this afternoon PANIC!!!) . So here I sit catching up on my Blogging, haven't done anything most would consider productive since it's been back on but I now know where to buy the lawn furniture I've had my eye on, what Ms. M is wearing these days and am about to see if I can find a recipe for Pasta Salad using the minimal ingredients I have in my fridge.

Ahhh, what do they say about knowledge?
Hold on a sec, let me look it up.
http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_knowledge.html
 
Comments:
i hear ya!! my connectivity has been low for WEEKS now.... but unlike you, instead of doing productive things around the house and to better myself, i stare at the computer monitor, willing it to connect to my treasured sites.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Blog Ban : The Bain of my Being
period
On Not Being Funny Anymore
Duo- PinOSTi
this 31 thing may not be working out for me...
WWA* a well as a continuation of overhead at the H...
hey ms. ms.
things overheard on the streets of NY
The Worst Thing I've Ever Done
"I can tell I'm sick from the smell of my farts"

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger