>
our 5 cents
Thursday, April 20, 2006
  Split Me Trousers!
This morning, I pressed the remote control button to turn on CityTV and plopped down on my couch. I heard a very distinct "RIIIIIIP"-ing sound and thought... was that the couch pillow? I stood, touching delicately along my backside, and yes sir, that sound was the sound of my pyjama pants tearing evenly and completely down the rear. My ass crack was exposed. I can wear the pants no longer.

So, this is a tribute to my most favourite pair of Urban Outfitter's pyjama pants, their drawstring at the side, their light weight and soft cotton, their stripes of shades of brown and blue, pants that have been around the world.... how I will miss them.

In addition, this is a tribute to my ass, which I thought fit into those pyjama pants perfectly. I wasn't the one eating all the desserts at the OOTG's house on Passover! My ass should not be one to rip pants! But, my bum, in all its glory, is capable of such things. And for this, I commend it.
 
Comments:
Please add my pajama bottoms - the clam diggers extraordinaire. Cute, blue and lifelong buddy of mine.. or so I thought.

They ripped, as did yours, right down the ass-crack.

It has been 2 months now, and I am still a little weepy.
 
ok you two (whomi think are kooks):
have neither of you heard of this nifty invention, which one might call the sewing machine? i spose not. then perchance you have encountered one or two taillors in your life? girls: the pants of pyjanimity, they can be mended!
(ask not why i do not have ripped pyjamas.)
 
No, OOTG, you have obvisouly not owned and loved the pj bottoms as MsMs and I did, or else you would know that by the time the actual rrrrip happens, it is in fact the final cry for help by the paper-thin assual section of the bottom. Worn out with love, the transparent layer can no longer protect our soft rears with its battered material. It finally gives way to the wrong turn in bed, the rough chair or perhaps even something as subtle as a passing of wind... no mending possible, as sewing the frayed threads would be like trying to tie two pieces of mushy spaghetti together, it just can't happen. (You've all tried to tie pasta together I am sure, so I need not go into how hard THAT is.)

With a tear and an appreciation, it is time for the PJ bottoms to move on to the land of lost threads or to the land of the shmata.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Are those Brownies?
So, You Think My Mum's A Kook?
Overheard at the Ms.' House...
I'm a Sickass
Just in case I had forgotten, It’s Official. I li...
"Our 5 Cents" In a Nutshell
"Wake Up, Wake Up, Brush Your Teeth"
Does liking cheesy love songs make me weird?
Stealing the Odd
The Weirdness-Tag

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger