>
our 5 cents
Friday, April 07, 2006
  I'm a Sickass
My last 24 hours have been less than fun. I woke up, sick, then stressed the whole day about how I am going to manage all the things I need to do for the rest of the week, seeing no possible way to stay home from work. I came up with at least 10 scenarios on how I can alter my workload to allow my body the much-needed "get well" time.

Drank a cup of tea, a glass of water with liquid Echinecea, had an Advil and a Zinc losenge and headed to work. Thankfully, felt much better at work. Unfortunately, work was insane. I went straight from 8-1 with no break and then headed to my prenatal class, ate lunch in the cab over.

I left prenatal class after my teaching portion (approx 2:10pm). Felt no guilt due to my sorry, sickass state, and the fact I have worked hours and hours of overtime and will do so again on Friday due to an insane workload.

Got home... went to bed. Slept 3 hours. Woke up to call my girlfriends to pathetically apologize for being incapacitated and probably not being able to host the lovely cooking and martini party I had planned for them. This was my greatest fear in this sniffling, coughing, fuzzy-head experience: having to alter my social life. And Hickteeth is in town!! HICKTEETH IS IN TOWN!

By the way, total food intake today: small bowl cereal, 1 cookie, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 30g light havarti cheese, 1 apple, 4 strawberries. Total fluid intake: 2 cups. This is not taking care of myself, is it? I forgot: about 5 Zinc losenges. That can be considered a viable nutrient intake, right? RIGHT?

So, I went back to bed with a Tylenol Cold Nighttime Tablet, box of kleenex by my bedside and proceeded to sleep until now... 3:30 AM. I actually felt pretty OK when I woke up. That Tylenol stuff is a miracle drug or something! I hope (maybe even pray) that I feel this OK when I re-awaken at a decent hour. BUT... willl I be able to sleep again? Have I slept out all the sleepin' I gots in me?

Tomorrow is going to be brutal. I have 8 patients to see in my fully-booked clinic, and then on the inpatient unit: an eating disordered girl, a newly-transferred preemie, and failure-to-thrive kid who might need tube feeding, plus I have a list of phone calls to return. That's al I know I have to do. Hopefully there will be no new consults. I am not sure how I can do this all in one day, feeling so sick.

My only saving grace is that Footloose is on (how awesome?! they play Footloose at 3AM!). And of course this blogging. Miss Kay, I hope I didn't take away from your post: it was funny. Girls, don't skip over Miss Kay's post. I just wanted to get some pity, and capture this 3:50AM blogging moment, because I really am screwed tomorrow.
 
Comments:
All this illness and she managed to come out on Friday night and hang with da girlz without a single complaint.

Poor Ms Ms. Maybe this is your sign that you are overworked.
"overworked and underpaid, stayin' up all night" - you ARE the beastie boys song Ms Ms
 
yep, it's monday eve and i am stilllllll sick. the worst of it was saturday but sun and mon were pretty bad too. maybe going to work and out with da girlz on friday put me over the edge?

....no one will ever know...

however due to the overworked and underpaid thing.... it is sad to say i am enjoying lazing around my house, sick, more than I have enjoyed working as of late.

and THAT my friends, is pathetic
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Just in case I had forgotten, It’s Official. I li...
"Our 5 Cents" In a Nutshell
"Wake Up, Wake Up, Brush Your Teeth"
Does liking cheesy love songs make me weird?
Stealing the Odd
The Weirdness-Tag
Y'All Are It
What am I, some kind of masochist?
Sadness
Do you know somebody on The Patch?

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger