>
our 5 cents
Thursday, April 06, 2006
  Just in case I had forgotten, It’s Official. I live in Hollywood.
How many people do you know with breast implants? Cheek implants? Butt implants? Nose Jobs? Do you know people who go for facial peels and cellulite removal on a weekly basis. Do you have a friend who’s lost 150 pounds through gastro-bypass surgery? If you can answer at least 5 – well then you probably live in Hollywood!

It’s so normal here I don’t really think about it. Most everyone I associate with here has had “work” done. I’m sure if I stay here long enough I will get something done myself (actually the anti cellulite treatment sounds really awesome!) I think I’ve grown so accustomed to it that I don’t think about it.

That is, I don’t think about it until you have to deal with it. Like for instance. What is the proper etiquette when you meet your friend for coffee and her lips are swollen to Angela Jolie proportions?

Do you –
a) Ignore -Drink your coffee chat about the weather, “wow, there has been a lot of sun here lately”
b) Politely Address - Smile and say, “hmmm, something looks different about you, have you lost weight?”
c) Point and Laugh “ What the fuck happened to you? Did you get your lips caught in the door?”
d) Other– Please submit your own answer

After hearing your response I will tell you how the actual situation played out!
 
Comments:
"Is there something on your lip?"

"Did you get stung by a bee?"

"OMG? That's, like, totally Botox, isn't it? Wow, it's fabulous. You are, like, SO hot!"
 
I think I would probably smile and act all nice about it.. "wow! your lips look so plump!"

or.. with reference to Ms Ms's I might insead say "is there something IN your lip?

If it was OOTG however, I would say "What HAPPENED to your lips?!" As this scenario sort of happened to us, but her lips were not huge, they were BRUISED (i.e. actually blue with a bruise).

Who was this person who showed up? Inquiring minds want to know. And fer crissakes, what happened?
 
The outcome - Really what happened is that she actually admitted what she had done. When I saw her my first thought was not lip injections (Still new to LA, still naive). I just saw her and thought there was something very sexy and different about her. I was going to ask her what sort of lip gloss she used. But she was actually the one that brought it up (Perhaps because I was mesmorized by her mouth?!) She told me that she had done a commercial and her agent had convinced her to do it. We laughed about it and what her family would think (she was going to see them a few days later). And that's it, the whole anticlimatic story.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
"Our 5 Cents" In a Nutshell
"Wake Up, Wake Up, Brush Your Teeth"
Does liking cheesy love songs make me weird?
Stealing the Odd
The Weirdness-Tag
Y'All Are It
What am I, some kind of masochist?
Sadness
Do you know somebody on The Patch?
Small Pox? Who cares! SALES!

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger