>
our 5 cents
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
  So, You Think My Mum's A Kook?
You think my mother is kooky because she doesn't like how I blow my nose? Well, listen to this:

My mum saw a TV commercial that she found so over-the-top appalling and grotesque that she actually wrote to the company to complain. They wrote back, thanking her for the feedback, and apologizing for any anguish the advertisement may have caused, but stating that it would not be pulled from broadcast because it was well-received by a focus group. She wrote back to say that the world must be in a sorry state for commercials like that to be considered entertainment.

What commercial caused all this fanfare?

The Dentyne Frost Bites ad where the guy's head freezes and falls off, and everyone in the car screams. The first time my mother EVER writes to a company, it's because of this ad. The only word that comes to mind is: Crochety. My mother is becoming crochety.
 
Comments:
I must admit that I found that commercial a little disturbing too.

Not to the point of writing to Dentyne (did they send her free gum?), but still a little "off" - and not in my Hickteeth-loving way kind of off. Just off off.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Overheard at the Ms.' House...
I'm a Sickass
Just in case I had forgotten, It’s Official. I li...
"Our 5 Cents" In a Nutshell
"Wake Up, Wake Up, Brush Your Teeth"
Does liking cheesy love songs make me weird?
Stealing the Odd
The Weirdness-Tag
Y'All Are It
What am I, some kind of masochist?

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger