>
our 5 cents
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
  Quick Overheard at The Hick-Cuddles Household Update
*heard the morning after Cuddles waking up to Hick singing "My Sharona" while making lunch

Cuddles : I never want to wake up to you singing My Sharona ever again
Hick : why not? I was happy and singing!
Cuddles : I don't want a classic rock relationship.

Ok, so I happen to find Terry DeMonte and Ted Bird funny and soothing (so soothing!) in the mornings. Is it my fault that they are the morning talk show hosts of a classic rock station? I mean Hell! It could be worse... it could be country!

I am starting to realise that all these household comments are Cuddles saying funny things. I'm not even sure that he knows they are funny...or does he? Do you think he's the funny one in the relationship? Be honest guys, I can take it. Have I lost my "edge"? Am I a washed-up CHOM listener?

Oh dear God.... I .... listen ... to ... CHOM. *faint*

When one is forced with facing a truth about themselves that one has been avoiding for a long time, it can be pretty harsh.

I just never, I mean, I never thought I would turn out this way. I thought "not me, it just can't happen" and then one day I have the phone in my hand and I'm hoping I'm the 9th caller because, yes, I do know the next lyric of that Led Zeppelin song.

*faint* (again)... *barf a little into mouth*...

I'm going cold turkey guys, I'm going COLD TURKEY.
 
Comments:
There is NOTHING wrong with classic rock. NOTHING, I repeat! It is not shameful to know the next line of the Zep song or Jimi's real name. People, it is the music of our generation!
(And Terry and Ted are FUNNY. We like funny. Don't we?)
 
um, my alarm clock broke after two days of ownership and never received radio signals since. I would be happy to wake up to classic rock. Instead I wake up to faux electronic sounds of nature. Sometimes it's a thunderstorm, sometimes its "ocean waves" pretty much it all sounds like static with a hint of nature. It gets me up and out of bed thought.

Hick you are one of the funniest people I know. I think you make cuddles funny. I know you make me feel funny just thinking about you ;) tee hee
 
Thanks Ms Shen.
And unfortunatley, I don't have a readio-alarm. I listen to "the horrible station" in teh kitchen while making lunches.

This morning a CHOM SUV passed in front of me as I biked to work - it all felt very omen-istic (yes I made up a word.
 
it's ok.... a little classic rock never hurt anyone. TOO much classic rock--- watch out.

You have not lost your edge, hickteeth. that fainting and barfing a little into your mouth bit was funny. don't worry, girl, you've still got it.

you want worse??? My boyfriend DOES listen to COUNTRY.

OK?
 
stop it!

just STOP IT!

are you kidding? Are you going to start listening to country too? And linedancing?
 
OMG !!!!

My word verification is

ORGYU

forget my comment... that's all I have to say now.
 
The sex... it's following you everywhere....

My verification is gpygo. boo
 
Just noticed ootg's first comment - Jimi had a "real" name?

I feel a little better about myself now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Yeah? So?
question
Home!
Someone I met who asked me to post this...
luck be a lady tonight
I hope I'm not dooced
Just Hangin' Out... (for the world to see)
Hypothetical Moral Question
Postin' on Hickteeth's behalf
Heavy Metal Singles Party

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger