>
our 5 cents
Sunday, May 21, 2006
  Picky Eaters Can go Pick Somewhere Else!
I’ve just been on the strangest job. It’s like I’m back at High School and all the cool kids are too preoccupied with themselves and what they are wearing to bother talking or socializing with me. That’s fine. I don’t need to be their friends. I’m here to work.

But wait; usually when people work together they need some sort of communication to get the job done. It’s much more useful to leave the high school games behind to get the job done.

Anyhow, because we are back in high school I figured I would use this Blog to bad mouth and complain about how annoying these people are.

Also let me preface this rant with the fact that these people I’m referring to are in an industry that works together to create department store flyers that you find in newspapers. They take pictures of beautiful people wearing beautiful clothes and talk about where they can get their designer shoes for $400 instead of $800. (Especially after reading Ms. Mysterioso’s last Blog it makes my work seem very trivial!)

Anyhow this was the final straw of me saying – (well actually more like thinking because I didn’t feel like getting fired) “You are stupid whinny brats who don’t know how good you have it!”

This one girl, “Stripe Girl” – I call her that because I was never introduced to her so I never learned her name, and one day she showed up on set wearing a striped button down with a different striped vest over it paired with a pair of striped pants. (I wish I could have taken a picture for the “what should I wear” site!) Anyhow, Stripe Girl is a picky eater. She doesn’t eat Vegetables because she doesn’t like the texture. You know, one of those (I know because I used to be a picky eater). But here is the thing, be picky if you want, but know you are picky and don’t make it everyone else’s problem.

All week we have delicious catering on set. Great breakfast and even more amazing lunches. Here is an example of the menu for the particular day that Stripe Girl had a fit for how little variety the caterer was providing and how there was NOTHING she could eat:

- Asian Chicken Soup w/Spring Baby Vegetables
- Pistachio Crusted Salmon w/Mango Salsa
- Sesame Field Greens w/Edamame and Tofu
- Asparagus and Leek Crepes w/Thai Red Curry and Coconut Sauce
- Zucchini Tart
- Key Lime Pie

My mouth just watered typing that! I’m sorry – if you can’t find one thing to eat on that list well then you have issues (I may have separate issues considering I had to have one of EVERYTHING on that list!)

So Stripe Girl took up arms and the other “cool kids” joined her and agreed at how horrible the catering was --- they all marched themselves to the deli for turkey sandwiches. It was just very sad at the amount of self-absorption that went on all week.


But whatever – more food for me!!!
 
Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
mmm mmm mmm... i'd be all over that tofu!

but on a more serious note... what the heck happened with your Jill get together? did you girlz stand my bloggie pal up?
 
I have to apologize to Jill. We did stand her up. (not intentionally) We worked hard and got tired and then I got sick and now I have a cold. It's usually OOTG or Hickteeth that are sick when they are in NY not the other way around. I don't get sick. waaaah.
 
hey hey hey - Iwas there for 3 weeks without so much as a sniffle! We need to get past that horrible-death-knocking-at-my-door-influenza incident ok? I just think of it as "the time I met Elmo and nearly died".

BTW - that food list sounded so fucking good I can't even believe it.

I've been around those too-cool-for-school types and they also make me sick. Ugh.

I'm going to get a mani-pedi now ladies. I hope the lady doesn't screw up my nails like last time - that bitch!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
I'm ALIVE
Where've I Been?
Pumping Iron and Window Washers
Apology to Seat 34C
The Freaky Deaky Blog World
Hickisms
Hot hot hot
I want to be a cowboy!
Master of The House
"The Blog Exchange"... free for women, 24 hours a ...

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger