>
our 5 cents
Thursday, May 11, 2006
  The Freaky Deaky Blog World
So Here I am obsessed by our Blog and by Ms. M’s alter ego Blog. So much so that I keep starting new Blogs (I just like thinking up good names for them not actually writing in them!) Ahem ahem I will now once again take credit for the brilliance that it the title “Our Five Cents” (speaking of– one cent is missing?! OOTG are you okay?!)

Okay that was a tangent. Back to the point. So I’m reading Ms. M’s Blog then I need to get some background so I link to Jill’s Blog. I read a little and then start seeing who’s Blogs she links to. After circles of Blog links I end up on a Blog of a girl who I have known since I was 5. Haven’t seen her since high school but now here is her personal life all laid out for me to anonymously read and or comment on if I so choose. And she has no idea. I feel like a spy! It was fun at first. A secret agent gathering info. But as I read on I found her Blog to be quite boring and it sort of upset me that this girl I once new with so much talent is now writing about who got kicked off the Apprentice last week! Maybe I need to read more entries. Hopefully they do not all revolve around reality TV!

As I started to realize the chances of me coming across this Blog I got freaked out. The magnitude of what the Blog world is becoming and how friendships are made and maintained and how much of it is based on reality or what we want other people to perceive us as is changing so rapidly my head might just explode with the implications.

Wow. Sorry, thanks for letting me rant in that run on sentence.
 
Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
hey don't joke around!! this blog world is getting really freaky on my end too.... this week alone....

one blind date set up by a blogger i have never met

tomorrow night i am gonig out partying with one of my blog readers ... she is from Indiana. She's 22 yrs old and was almost going to stay at my place for the night!

i talk to mandy on the phone every week (she talked me down when i had my blog freakout on tuesday night and she was the first person I thought of calling the night after the hot religious guy)

me and 4 other bloggers are busily planning a "convention" in CHicago this summer (excuse for the 5 of us to get really drunk together)

If I go to Argentina, I am guaranteed to get laid

all this because of a little blog i privately started in august.

Blog has become a MAJOR part of my life and it is WEIRD.
 
So you have people reading your Blog that you have never met, they just heard about it or stumbled on it? That is pretty crazy.

Be careful though, cause here is the thing, you are honest on your Blog but you really never know who your readers are and how honest they are. Someone could say they are a 22 year old woman from Indiana but could really be a 48 years old man in Jail. Think about that and Blog it.

think about this Jill blogging as a young woman in New York might be a transexual living in Bolivia. How could you really know.
 
I think you hit on it girls. The both exciting and deceiving world of blogging.

I think you said it Miss Kay with your "what we want other people to perceive us as". We must remember to take all blogs with a grain of blog-salt. People can write pretty much what they want.

And though I'd like to believe there are thousands upon thousands of incredibly talented, gorgeous, and exciting people out there with incredibly intersting lives - I just don't (not including you Ms. Ms.! Because you are one of the FEW exceptions).

;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Hickisms
Hot hot hot
I want to be a cowboy!
Master of The House
"The Blog Exchange"... free for women, 24 hours a ...
Sunday Morning Buttermilk Pancakes
Time for a new challenge
hickatron?
Ode to Tom
Ode to OOTG

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger