>
our 5 cents
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
  Hickisms
For 24 hours, it was like Hickteeth was right there, whispering in my ear.

My first Hickism occured on my date with "The Skimmer" ... the guy who "skimmed" my blog. We were talking about eating healthy and he told me that normally, he really watches what he eats and then said:

"Except this week." (he is at a conference) "For the last 2 days, it's like: 'oh! Is that a shrimp? Are those crab legs? Pass me another martini!'". He was making funny hand gestures of pointing at and eating everything in sight.

Then I said (with finger raised in air): "Are those brownies?"

Today, Hickteeth's spirit surfaced within me again (well, almost... I didn't say what was on the tip of my tongue...). I sat in the hygienist's chair at Dr. J's before my X-ray. She had me bite on the hard piece of thingie, then positioned the X-Ray machine to my cheek and I thought....

(insert Scottish accent) "I'm not pregnant, but thanks fer askin'!"

Hickteeth, you have made a profound difference in my life and changed me, as a person. I just wanted to acknowledge that, and thank you.
 
Comments:
yah, yah, yah.... Hickteeth has changed us all. She's great, la dee daa. Ask anyone, even OOTG's mom will tell you she is the perfect daughter! Now can we focus please and figure out why both Hickteeth and I know of the Jello twins and who told us about them?!!
It can't be just urban legend. They must exist. I believe!
 
Amy D is pretty convinced it was her sister who met the Jello kids!

I dunno......
 
Whoa! Talk about blowing my mind.
First with the very kind Blog dedicated to the wonderful wonderfulness that is Moi. And then again when Miss Kay CROSSED BLOGS.

Miss Kay, you are continuing a convo from MS MS's blog on this one.

MY BRAIN... is... .EXPLODING...!

Speaking of which, I am going to have to come up with some new Hicksisms. Old is great, but gotta keep modern, I always say!
 
BTW with reference to my "are those brownies"?

I am going on the "No-Grain Diet" for 2 weeks starting.. I think next week.

Please, everyone, pray for me. And in the name of all grains holy OOTG - do NOT bring over any brownies!
 
Hey speaking of brownies. I"m still waiting for mine. They haven't come yet, but i hope now you didn't send them because I'm going to NY for two weeks. Shoot.

Where is OOTG?!
 
yeah, where is OOTG? She is missing out on the unweilding presence of Miss Kay!!

BTW.... LOVE the clothing blog. Kind of thinking I should be Ms. Ms. on it though... you may have to invite me again. Oh, who the fuck cares anymore? Let people read about my life.

Hick, no grains? Don't you southbeach-out on us.... don't forget you have a friend armed with Bread and Cookies who is also a dietitian!!
 
ummm... what does unweilding mean?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
Hot hot hot
I want to be a cowboy!
Master of The House
"The Blog Exchange"... free for women, 24 hours a ...
Sunday Morning Buttermilk Pancakes
Time for a new challenge
hickatron?
Ode to Tom
Ode to OOTG
Sunshiney Day

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger