>
our 5 cents
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
  Another OOTG?
Looks like I'm the bloggiest blogger in town these days!

So, I had a consult with a pregnant 25 year old who is on bedrest for preterm labour. As I talked (and kidded around a little) with her, I felt at ease, comfortable, had a sense of familiarity. I was also really enjoying myself. ...or should I say "enjuiing"?

It then struck me that her voice, manners, and "way" were very OOTG-esque. She even looked a little like OOTG! The warm, genuine smile, her cheekbones and eye-crinkles. The 30 weeks pregnant thing was nothing like OOTG, but maybe one day. You can understand that finding a kindred spirit to one as unique as OOTG does not happen every day!!

She laughed heartily and cracked jokes and confessed to drinking 2 L of Diet Pepsi per day.

So, OOTG, it seems you have a bit of a soulmate up in the Family Birthing Centre. I am looking forward to visiting you... I mean, her again tomorrow.
 
Comments:
"Kindred spirits - just you and meeeee together we'll beeee kindred speeerits!" Remember when we did Anne of Green Gables the musical as school? I do!

Hey Repeater - I see you have claimed my title and stolen my line (Hick throws down a white glove)

DUEL!

Speaking of stealing lines - I was reading your bro and sis blog and lauffed at the title of one blog "Hi, I'm __your real name___", then told OOTG about it, apparently there was no copyright on the line, so you get off...this time... but I'm watching you..... with a keen eye... and deft commenting fingers....

As for the OOTG replacement...
2L of anything a day is pretty gross. Except water, then it's ok.
and I wish I had a OOTG replacement - I have no one to have coffee with, no one to call at 7:30AM and most importantly no one to complain to!

Also - I think I smell bad today. And my ass hurts from yoga. And I'm hungry. And overworked. hey this blog is pretty good for complanin'. Hmm.
Oh - the ol' carpel tunnel is acting up again. And this chair leaves something to be desired in the "back support" department... as well as the "bum cushion" department. As as I pointed out earlier, the posterior is already in a little pain, so THAT doesn't help IFYWIM...

I probably won't sleep well again tonight to boot.... and of course there's the leaky faucet and the fact that I can't use my warm blanket b/c Cuddles (who I never see anyway) is allergic...

it sure is gray outside today. I'll probably miss my bus again. Unless of course it doesn't come...

and so on... and so on.... and so on....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Previously on Our 5 Cents
"The Process" in Engrish
Randomness
Me again?
who doesn't feel like working?
Quickies
better luck next time
Plummy Prunes
Dagnabbit!!
hey tali
The score

Archives
October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / August 2007 / October 2007 / January 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 /


Powered by Blogger